Commercial keypad door locks are becoming increasingly popular as a secure and convenient way to control access to commercial properties. In this article, we’ll discuss the benefits of using commercial keypad door locks, how they work, factors to consider when choosing a lock, and a top 5 list of commercial keypad door locks.
How Commercial Keypad Door Locks Work
Commercial keypad door locks operate differently from traditional key-based locks. Instead of using a physical key, users enter a unique code into the lock’s keypad to gain access. Some keypad locks can also be configured to work with keycards, biometric scanners, or smartphones. The lock’s keypad is typically powered by batteries and can be programmed with multiple codes for different users.
Benefits of Using Commercial Keypad Door Locks
One of the biggest benefits of commercial keypad door locks is convenience. With a keypad lock, businesses don’t have to worry about lost or stolen keys. Instead, they can simply provide employees with unique access codes that can be easily changed if necessary. Additionally, keypad locks offer enhanced security features such as the ability to monitor access activity, create unique codes for different employees or departments, and restrict access to certain areas.
Factors to Consider When Choosing a Commercial Keypad Door Lock
When choosing a commercial keypad door lock, businesses should consider several factors such as durability, ease of use, and compatibility with their existing security system. Durability is essential for commercial properties that experience heavy foot traffic, and locks with weather-resistant and tamper-proof features may be necessary for exterior doors. Ease of use is also important to ensure that employees can easily enter and exit the property. Finally, compatibility with existing security systems such as CCTV and alarm systems should also be considered to ensure a seamless integration.
Top 5 Commercial Keypad Door Locks
- Schlage CO-200 Series: A highly durable lock that can handle high-traffic areas and is weather-resistant.
- Yale Real Living Touchscreen Deadbolt: A sleek and modern design with advanced security features such as tamper alarms and voice-guided programming.
- Kwikset 99090-018 SmartCode Electronic Deadbolt: A versatile lock that works with both traditional keys and codes and can be easily installed without the need for a locksmith.
- Alarm Lock DL2800: A robust lock that offers advanced access control features such as automatic relocking and audit trail reporting.
- Lockey M210 Mechanical Keyless Deadbolt: A simple and affordable lock that offers basic access control features and is ideal for smaller commercial properties.
In conclusion, commercial keypad door locks offer many benefits over traditional key-based locks, including convenience and enhanced security. When choosing a commercial keypad door lock, businesses should consider factors such as durability, ease of use, and compatibility with their existing security systems. And if you’re interested in upgrading to a commercial keypad door lock, contact West Phoenix Locksmith to learn more about our installation services.