Whether you’re a homeowner who’s accidentally locked yourself out of your house or a renter who’s lost your key, there are plenty of reasons why you might need to know how to open a locked door with a screwdriver.
Luckily, it’s not as difficult as it might sound. With a few simple steps, you can unlock that door in no time.
First, you’ll need to find a screwdriver to remove the lock cover. A flathead screwdriver is usually the best choice, but you can also use a Phillips head screwdriver in a pinch.
How to Open a Locked Door with a Screwdriver in 5 Easy Steps
- Unscrew and remove the cover of the lock to expose the locking mechanism.
- You will have to find the latch and the locking bar that goes into the door frame.
- Pull this bar with the screwdriver to open it, but if it is not moving, you will have to brake it.
- Find the metal guide that pushes the metal bar and push it until it breaks.
- Once it’s broken, pull the bar with the screwdriver and open the door.
If this doesn’t work, you should call a 24 hour locksmith in Phoenix AZ, to help you. We have fast service at affordable prices for all residents of the West Valley.
Opening a locked door with a screwdriver is a relatively easy process that anyone can do with just a few supplies from around their house. Some tutorials on how to open locked doors say that it is impossible to open them, but we have proved that it can be done!
So next time you find yourself locked out, there’s no need to call a locksmith or wait for someone with a key to come and let you in. Just grab a screwdriver, and you’ll be back inside in no time.