If you’ve ever locked your keys in your car, you know how frustrating it can be. You may be tempted to call a locksmith, but did you know that you can use a slim jim to open your car door?
With a little patience, the right technique, and the proper tool, you can save yourself a lot of time and money. Here we’ll explain to you how to do it!
How to Use a Slim Jim on Your Car Lock in 5 easy steps:
- Insert the slim jim into the space between the weather stripping and the window.
- Slide the slim jim down until you feel it make contact with the locking mechanism.
- Apply pressure to the end of the slim jim with your thumb and push up on the unlock button. Continue applying pressure as you pull the slim jim out.
- Open the door and retrieve your keys.
- If you can’t seem to unlock it, try wiggling the slim jim up and down or side to side as you apply pressure to the unlock button. You may also need to reposition the slim jim so that it’s at a different angle.
You may also need to reposition the slim jim so that it’s at a different angle. And that’s all there is to it! Now that you know how to use a slim jim on your car lock, next time you find yourself locked out of your car you will save yourself some time and money by using a slim jim.
Did not work? No problem! You can call our expert automotive locksmith in Phoenix AZ to get a fast lockout service. Our expert will arrive at your location in minutes!